B4J Question [SOLVED] Wrong characters

Rafael Grossi

Licensed User
Hi guys,
I was starting a new project, and when I opened the designer, I noticed the characters of labels of the objects are being replaced by others.
Look to the picture. The button text is "Click Test" and the textfield text is "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWYXZ". I don't know why, but the printed text is 2 characters advanced ir the standard order. So A turns C, B turns D, etc.
My B4J was an older version when I detected it, so I upgraded to v10.0, keeping the problem.
I opened some old projects and the problem also happened there.
I don't know when it can be started, because I'm just a hobbyist developer. There are 8 months since my last work in B4J.
Could you help me? Thanks!

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2024-10-22 073054.png
    Captura de tela 2024-10-22 073054.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Captura de tela 2024-10-22 074204.png
    Captura de tela 2024-10-22 074204.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 34

teddybear

Licensed User
Hi guys,
I was starting a new project, and when I opened the designer, I noticed the characters of labels of the objects are being replaced by others.
Look to the picture. The button text is "Click Test" and the textfield text is "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWYXZ". I don't know why, but the printed text is 2 characters advanced ir the standard order. So A turns C, B turns D, etc.
My B4J was an older version when I detected it, so I upgraded to v10.0, keeping the problem.
I opened some old projects and the problem also happened there.
I don't know when it can be started, because I'm just a hobbyist developer. There are 8 months since my last work in B4J.
Could you help me? Thanks!
There no problem here, which jdk version are you using?
Try changing to jdk11, 14 etc

微信图片_20241022193738.png
微信图片_20241022193549.png

Upvote 0

Rafael Grossi

Licensed User
I was writing the topic here when Windows 11 showed a popup a message about a new update. I have installed it some minutes after (version 24H2).
Then, problem solved. Maybe the problem was not the update, but a restart need of my Win? I really don't know.
Well, if the problem occour again, I will write to you.
Thanks guys that tried to help me!

Upvote 0