Switching to Camera

Shane119

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys

Is there away of switching to camera mode via code, e.g. pressing a button?

What I want to try to achieve is the following:

1) If I have a EditText containing the "Path" to the camera's default photo folder - i.e. where the photos are automatically stored
2) When I click the "Take Photo" button the SmartPhone's (HTC Desire HD in this case) camera program will run.
3) The user can take the photo then close the Camera app down - which will return the user to my App
4) The user then presses the "Use Last Photo Taken" button which will then look through the photos to find the last one taken (Not sure how to do this yet, but hopefully will do shortly)
5) Copy the photo to the SD Card under a new filename - then set another EditText view with the name of the new file.

A long winded process, but this would allow the users to use the full functionality of the camera for taking photos in dark places.

Thank you for all the help I have been given so far

Shane

Shane119

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Helen.

I've done this tutorial, but it does not give me control of the autofocus, flash, etc of the camera.

:(

I've seen a few programs in the market place that do run the control, and I was wondering if someone has done similar.

Upvote 0

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
The current camera library doesn't support autofocus, flash, scene modes, orientation,...

I'm currently improving the camera library to support these functions, but I still have some errors with the autofocus.

I hope to get it released later today.

XverhelstX

Upvote 0