Using a 2.9 inch E-Paper Display with ARDUINO

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
why not try with an esp, if you have one... then you'll have about 2MB of flash!
Sorry, I don't have that. I just have a small RaspBerry Pi Pico board but the connections are too complex to make with the E-Paper module

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
It's too bad I dont own a e-ink display.... I'm getting tickled by this thread
If you buy an E-Paper module, there are some with a barcode allowing you to control them with specific Android or other applications.
Maybe there are solutions with B4A rather than B4R?

Text.jpg

I noticed that this Arduino sketch is displayed on my 2.9 inch electronic label as well as on the 2.66 inch electronic label, the display is automatically proportioned to the screen used

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If a B4A solution is available, the e-ink surely has a middle ware, being it proprietary of not... I see e-ink displays all the time in our supermarkets, and I saw how they change thair displays using what I guess is either BLE either Infra-Red coms. the display by itself does nothing but show what it was programed for

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
If a B4A solution is available, the e-ink surely has a middle ware, being it proprietary of not... I see e-ink displays all the time in our supermarkets, and I saw how they change thair displays using what I guess is either BLE either Infra-Red coms. the display by itself does nothing but show what it was programed for
OK, you're right, they have computer systems that allow them to change prices in seconds on hundreds of electronic labels.

4colors.jpg

And now there are electronic labels with 4 colors (black, white, red and yellow)

Pricing in a supermarket

Last edited:

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
Klaus, you who are trilingual, you will be able to compare the 3 instructions (E-books) provided by AZ-Delivery from whom I purchased my 2.9 inch E-Paper electronic label:
- The instructions in English are 15 pages
- The instructions in German are 17 pages
- The instructions in French are 24 pages long and include more documentation than the other two. For what ?
And in fact the Arduino sketches proposed by the German and English instructions are the same (Text management only). On the other hand, the French instructions offer an arduino sketch concerning the images!!!

I have attached the 2 libraries used with the arduino sketch, by opening them with NotePad ++, you can clearly see the contents. In fact, you should be able to convert these files to be able to use them with B4R

Attachments

• Librairie.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
Personally, I currently have 2 models of electronic labels:
1- The 2.9 inch E-Paper module that I can use for the moment only with ARDUINO IDE

Text.jpg

2- The 2.66 inch Pico-ePaper module which works with the RaspBerry Pi Pico mini-card but I have problems with reliable connections between these two elements and this hardware is mainly dedicated to the Python language

Pico-ePaper-2.66.jpg

Pico-ePaper-2.66-V.jpg

Last edited:

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
I add that it is possible to select the RaspBerry Pi Pico mini-card with B4R but you must first have it installed in ARDUINO IDE for it to appear in the B4R list

RaspBerryPiPico-card.jpg

Last edited:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, that is classic b4r setup... it reads the possible usable boards from the arduino installed ones...

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
Electronic label maker Waveshare offers a tool to create our own images.
I am currently testing this tool >>> here

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Marc.
Sorry for answering only today, but I am on travel in your country in Bessans Haute Maurienne for snowshoe hiking nice Saturday.
I had a look at the three pdf guides.
The English and German guides are the same, but in the French guide they use another library from Github Waveshareteam.

I did not yet have a look at the library.

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
Pas de souci Klaus, profite de la neige et prend ton temps. De toutes façons, il n'y a pas le feu au lac !!!
Je me bats toujours pour créer une image compatible pour l'afficher sur l'E-Paper 2.9 pouces. Je suis un persévérant, je n'abandonne pas facilement ...
Obstination stérile peut-être ?

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
this is the english part of the forum.

Please write - at least - english here
Sorry DonManfred !

It was a response addressed to my old brother Klaus who speaks three languages...

"No worries Klaus, enjoy the snow and take your time. In any case, there is no fire at the lake!!!
I'm still struggling to create a compatible image to display on the 2.9 inch E-Paper. I'm a perseverant, I don't give up easily...
Sterile obstinacy perhaps?"

Marc DANIEL

Licensed User
Last edited: