Wish Clean unused libs

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
We have a clean unused files function, however, it would be nice if we could "un-link" libraries that are unused. (i.e. we tried a lib and decided later we didn't want to use it anymore, but failed to remove it from the libraries checked.)

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just delete the Jar and XML (and any other associated files) from your Additional libraries directory.

This will be very difficult (if not impossible) to do it from the IDE automatically since libraries are just COPIED into that directory.

Rusty

Licensed User
Longtime User
The idea is:
The libs are used for other programs so you don't want to eliminate them, but you may have included them into another program that no longer needs them.
With people naming the classes in the libs with no similarity to the library name, it is often difficult to determine which library contains which class/function
Thanks NJDUDE

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tend to copy an existing project and work from that.

After trashing unwanted code I untag all libs and see if it compiles.

If not tag what's missing.

not as automatic as a built-in warning but it works.

oh, and I barely use libs that helps.
I've seem screenshots of projects with 30+ libs selected while some libs were just a replacement of a few lines of plain code.
It would be a pain on such projects to do it manually as it is not always clear what object type belongs to which library.