B4J Question Error running with Exoplayer

Luis Felipe Andrade

Licensed User
Hello, every time I try to use exoplayer in B4J, when I run the application I get the message "An error has occurred, Cannot be found (path...)\exoplayer-2.13.3.aar.jar" I have already downloaded the files that comes in the Erel example and the additional files, but that file is not in the package that is downloaded, thank you in advance for the help and I attach an image
exo.PNG

teddybear

Licensed User
Hello, every time I try to use exoplayer in B4J, when I run the application I get the message "An error has occurred, Cannot be found (path...)\exoplayer-2.13.3.aar.jar" I have already downloaded the files that comes in the Erel example and the additional files, but that file is not in the package that is downloaded, thank you in advance for the help and I attach an imageView attachment 145839
Exoplayer is only for b4a not a b4x library, you can use MediaView for b4j

Upvote 0

Luis Felipe Andrade

Licensed User
Thank you Erel, I try SMM but according to display video, I have to use exoplayer to play the video, then I have the same issue, or maybe I don't know how to play video with SMM (whit no need of exoplayer)
The SMM Examples does not tread with videos, only images and listviews.

Thank you in advance for your comments
SMM with exoplayer:
MediaViewController1.SetMediaView(MediaManager)
MediaManager.SetMediaFromFile (Pane1,  "c:\bizetds","agua.mp4","video/*", Null)
MediaManager.DefaultResizeMode="FILL"
Dim playerview As SimpleExoPlayerView = Pane1.GetView(0).GetView(0)
playerview.UseController = False
Dim player As SimpleExoPlayer = playerview.Tag
player.Play

Upvote 0

Luis Felipe Andrade

Licensed User
Exoplayer is only for b4a not a b4x library, you can use MediaView for b4j
Thank You teddybear! that was my first Option, but MediaView cannot fill in the container, then if user resizes the window, The Video Keeps the orginal Size, then empty space is shown, while exoplayer does. Even with that mediaView works just fine, thank you

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Thank You teddybear! that was my first Option, but MediaView cannot fill in the container, then if user resizes the window, The Video Keeps the orginal Size, then empty space is shown, while exoplayer does. Even with that mediaView works just fine, thank you
Did you try the example, it can be resized with the window resizing

Last edited:
Upvote 0