Android Question Failed to Install APK

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys,

I have a user with Android 11 that failed to install my app.

App is not from Play Store, when tried to install in his phone, got error :

App not installed

My app never installed in that phone before, this is the new phone. On others phones, my app installed without any problems.

This is the manifest editor
B4X:
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="5" android:targetSdkVersion="26"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
    android:normalScreens="true"
    android:smallScreens="true"
    android:anyDensity="true"/>)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.telephony" android:required="false" />)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera" android:required="false" />)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.autofocus" android:required="false" />)
AddManifestText(<uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.flash" android:required="false" />)
AddPermission("android.permission.CAMERA")
AddPermission("android.permission.FLASHLIGHT")  
AddPermission(android.permission.USE_FINGERPRINT)  
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "$LABEL$")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:theme, "@style/br")
SetActivityAttribute(InpRcvGd, android:windowSoftInputMode, adjustPan|stateHidden)
SetActivityAttribute(InpSls, android:windowSoftInputMode, adjustPan|stateHidden)
SetApplicationAttribute(android:usesCleartextTraffic, "true")

AddApplicationText(
  <provider
  android:name="android.support.v4.content.FileProvider"
  android:authorities="$PACKAGE$.provider"
  android:exported="false"
  android:grantUriPermissions="true">
  <meta-data
  android:name="android.support.FILE_PROVIDER_PATHS"
  android:resource="@xml/provider_paths"/>
  </provider>
)
CreateResource(xml, provider_paths,
   <files-path name="name" path="shared" />
)

AddPermission(android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES)

AddManifestText(<uses-permission
    android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"
    android:maxSdkVersion="18" />
)

Any ideas what is the cause ?

Last edited:

netsistemas

Licensed User
Longtime User
Something similar happened to me, I sent the APK to an IOS, and this, in turn, to an Android.
The final team, could not install it, opening it as if it were a TXT.

In other cases, when I download the APK from FTP, the APK is downloaded corrupted and the user has to try again.

Another situation that happened to me, I'm not sure, is a double download of the file, that is, 2 download processes of the same APK.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Upload here?

Will do when I am on my computer.

Strange things is, on a lots off phone, it installed OK, only on his phone, has problem.
It is better to have a screen recording of the installing process. for most of the case it maybe some permissions not be allowed

Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is better to have a screen recording of the installing process. for most of the case it maybe some permissions not be allowed
I have the screen recording, I think, it was not permissions issues, because application is not installed yet.

The error came from the OS during the installation process.

Upvote 0

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem, I expect, is the phone is a pixel or similar where you can now only run 64bit apks....

Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
I asked user if he allow me to do remote control on his phone. Still waiting for his response.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
I asked user if he allow me to do remote control on his phone. Still waiting for his response.
I wonder that user may install other app from outside his phone's App Store.?
In security setup, Allow installtion of apps unknown sources switch whether it is opened?

Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wonder that user may install other app from outside his phone's App Store.?
In security setup, Allow installtion of apps unknown sources switch whether it is opened?
What do you mean?

I use Anydesk for remote control, and this app is on play store.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
What do you mean?

I use Anydesk for remote control, and this app is on play store.
Have you installed the B4A-bridge on user phone? and did you install your app on user phone by IDE?

I mean whether the user install your apk directly.
Just as Erel asked you post #2. 'You can upload the APK and will try to install it.'

Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you installed the B4A-bridge on user phone? and did you install your app on user phone by IDE?

I mean whether the user install your apk directly, just as Erel asked you post #2. You can upload the APK and will try to install it.
User install apk directly. Problem is, on others phones, they were OK, only on his phone, apk failed.

I believe, there is problem with his phone, but don't know what.

About upload the apk, I have to ask user too, this apk is a business app for his company.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Can he install other apk from 3rd party instead of your apk directly? or a simple apk which has a button?

Upvote 0

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
What he means is that most phones ask you for permission to install non play store apps, and you have to grant that permission to install the apk. Do you know if the user have granted that permission?
I believe, user already gave the permission.

He showed me the video of installation process. As I know, if it was no permission, Android will raised an error. But not in this case.

There's warning dialog about apk could be danger, after hit OK button, Confirmation dialog raised with message : Do you want to install this app? After he hit Install button, error dialog pop up with message : App not installed.

I will check again with user about this permission.

Upvote 0