Android Question Sqlite (bd With Images) to Excel (xls i need images)

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings I want to know how I can export a sqlite file (db) to excell (xls). the database has a column of images (blob), thanks

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, since the db file is created with sql library (B4a) ... now I want to see how I convert this file db to xls while keeping the photos ... thanks

Upvote 0

PABLO2013

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried several converters but they do not keep the photo ... they do not export ...

Upvote 0

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Excel library for android currently doesn't support images.

That's right.
In fact, as far as I know, there is no way to add an image to a cell in Excel.
Image support in Excel itself is quite tricky actually.
You can surely add images to a worksheet but they are not stored inside cells. They are shown as a "pop-up" in the worksheet page instead.
It's possible to bind images to cells, but that demands handling of image and cell size, renaming cell ranges, etc... Doing it by hand isn't quite straightforward, yet I know it can be done with VBA code, but I'm not sure B4x Excel libs would do it.

My approach would be:
- Save regular SQLite data to Excel rows/columns;
- Store image files outside the Excel workbook and store a link to those files in the corresponding row/column.

That's what have come to my mind so far... :)

Upvote 0

Claudio Oliveira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good decision @PABLO2013!
Just a remark: on the jpoi tutorial you can see that even though the smiley pics were aligned and dimensioned by cell row/col numbers, they are not actually stored in any cell whatsoever. That's how Excel deal with pics... :)

Upvote 0