VoIP SIP (Voice Calls) System : Source Code

anbrik

Licensed User
Hi there!
@sfsameer Could you please answer on the next question? If I want to connect my mobile devices through Internet, in that case should I use my own server with kind of SIP settings? If I'm right, could you please advise any articles on this subject and free or non-expensive servers for testing?
Thank you in advance!

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there!
@sfsameer Could you please answer on the next question? If I want to connect my mobile devices through Internet, in that case should I use my own server with kind of SIP settings? If I'm right, could you please advise any articles on this subject and free or non-expensive servers for testing?
Thank you in advance!
Hello,

This project contains B4J VoIP Server which you can install it on any VPS/PC and you will be able to connect the B4A VoIP app and B4J VoIP app to it and you will be able to make calls between the apps.

As for a free VPS, there are many free services, for example : google free tier, amazing free aws, etc...

Thank you,
Saif

Hello,

This project contains B4J VoIP Server which you can install it on any VPS/PC and you will be able to connect the B4A VoIP app and B4J VoIP app to it and you will be able to make calls between the apps.

As for a free VPS, there are many free services, for example : google free tier, amazing free aws, etc...

Thank you,
Saif
Could you look into my post sent to you yesterday, in regards to my last post to you from about 3-4 days ago, about an issue with a library you provide? Thanks!

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you try to use the B4A client and the latest B4J client, those with user and password, you will see that they can connect to classic sip pbx like Asterisk or 3Cx
Personally I have tried with FreePbx and they seem to work correctly, at least in the features currently present

Then, try to take the next step, try to register the B4a or B4J client directly on the sip server of the voip phone provider
And you will see that this works too
Well, if this second test works, then it means that the basic tools for communicating with a sip server, in the Voip Sip source code project, are present

So, could you tell me what are the technical difficulties in allowing the B4J server to communicate with a sip server, as well as the B4A and B4J client can do NOW?

Well if you can log-in at a SIP Server with an account and "communicate" it with it successfully ?... can you ? (can you call from b4j client to a sip number or get a call) - if you can, the quality is good ? (if you can do all these the 99% of library created succesfully by sfsameer)

Forward calls, transfer calls to another sip ---> is a feature... That may be can come from the "sip server" already exists / So your b4j server will be sending just the setup/config to SIP Server (freepbx)...

Let's say you have a sip account with a DID number (A) attached to it... and you want to forward calls to other account (B)... you ll make you b4j server connect to this sip account send the command need to forward to (B) and just logout...

So forwarding can be like this... will be fast as a thunder...

So a b4j client that connects to (B) account of sip server will get all the calls of (A)..

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
Well if you can log-in at a SIP Server with an account and "communicate" it with it successfully ?... can you ? (can you call from b4j client to a sip number or get a call) - if you can, the quality is good ? (if you can do all these the 99% of library created succesfully by sfsameer)

It would be interesting to understand, since it would make it a usable project in real life, why that 1% was not realized

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be interesting to understand, since it would make it a usable project in real life, why that 1% was not realized
I just asking you - if it connects and and you can speak with 3rd SIP servers... to outside world... ?

can you call - receive calls... make calls ???

Is it working (b4j client can receive calls, is sound listening - i really want to know if that works with outside sip numbers-external sip servers) ?

ps: For 99%... hey don't count numbers - we are not accountants / we are developers... 1..2... 3.. 10%...

Last edited:

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
With B4A client (last update, with password) is possible to register with 3Cx or Freepbx
It is possible to call other extensions
Other extensions can call the B4A client
From a B4A client, registered on 3Cx or Freepbx, it is possible to initiate a call to a public network mobile phone number, obviously the switchboard must have the possibility to "go out" in some way, in my case I use a hardware device that connects the switchboard to the public telephone network
From a public telephone network it is possible to call the telephone number connected to the switchboard, which will make the extensions ring, and the client can take the call
The audio, using the B4A client is not intelligible, you can hear something but it is not usable for real calls

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With B4A client (last update, with password) is possible to register with 3Cx or Freepbx
It is possible to call other extensions
Other extensions can call the B4A client
From a B4A client, registered on 3Cx or Freepbx, it is possible to initiate a call to a public network mobile phone number, obviously the switchboard must have the possibility to "go out" in some way, in my case I use a hardware device that connects the switchboard to the public telephone network
From a public telephone network it is possible to call the telephone number connected to the switchboard, which will make the extensions ring, and the client can take the call
The audio, using the B4A client is not intelligible, you can hear something but it is not usable for real calls

1) So... that is a problem... that may be coming from different codec or not usable codec... going slow or has garbages (like lower hz) ?

2) what about b4j client (i am asking because i want to make a project and this library created may be is useful) ?

3) at freepbx sip account isn't there a way to forward calls - transfer calls to other sip account ? So with a web-service call we could change who will receive the call... Is what actually a Telephone center do.. and must do.. ??

Thanks for your answers... i had the curiosity...

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
1) So... that is a problem... that may be coming from different codec or not usable codec... going slow or has garbages (like lower hz) ?

2) what about b4j client (i am asking because i want to make a project and this library created may be is useful) ?

3) at freepbx sip account isn't there a way to forward calls - transfer calls to other sip account ? So with a web-service call we could change who will receive the call... Is what actually a Telephone center do.. and must do.. ??

Thanks for your answers... i had the curiosity...

1) may be

2) b4j client, with password, can register on pbx but is not able to start phone call or receive one call

3) yes, is the basic functionality of all pbx, and yes i think is possible but don't' know how obtain

Magma

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) may be

2) b4j client, with password, can register on pbx but is not able to start phone call or receive one call

3) yes, is the basic functionality of all pbx, and yes i think is possible but don't' know how obtain
1) that is a problem (i am not familiar with codecs needed but i think this is the problem) - if can;t get a call from outside or can;t call and listen+speak+listen you too clear is a prob.
2) ...not happy reading that :-( hope that worked :-(
3) i think some SIP providers sending simple dtmfs (dialing/calling #,numbers,* and then ending call if needed)... can do that or with webservice call..

anbrik

Licensed User
Hi, everyone!
If is here somebody, who tried to make available this SIP Server through internet? I try to set my router through forwarding ports to local machine where I run SIP Server, but it doesn't work.
I have Huawei EchoLife HG8245H router and made forwarding such is write in manual (my provider provide dynamic IP addresses). I running SIP Server with local IP of PC and standard port 5061 with Password. Server starting, but doesn't available from Internet.
When I try to connect through local network, Server works perfectly.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, everyone!
If is here somebody, who tried to make available this SIP Server through internet? I try to set my router through forwarding ports to local machine where I run SIP Server, but it doesn't work.
I have Huawei EchoLife HG8245H router and made forwarding such is write in manual (my provider provide dynamic IP addresses). I running SIP Server with local IP of PC and standard port 5061 with Password. Server starting, but doesn't available from Internet.
Hello,

There are ISP providers that block any incoming/outgoing public SIP communications.
We faced that when we tested it locally, we found out that our ISP (Orange ISP) blocks any SIP communications.

So we solved it by purchasing a VPS, installed the SIP server on it, opened the public SIP port and it worked perfectly.

Thank you,
Saif

Maan Bseiso

Licensed User
Hi, everyone!
my advice is to try to connect from your mobile to another SIP server ( not yours) and see if it connects .. I suggest some of the testing Asterisk servers... this will help you debug the connection .. there are many issues that can make sip calls problematic first is your local firewall .. other Ports availability and also GSM operators .

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
my advice is to try to connect from your mobile to another SIP server ( not yours) and see if it connects .. I suggest some of the testing Asterisk servers... this will help you debug the connection .. there are many issues that can make sip calls problematic first is your local firewall .. other Ports availability and also GSM operators .

If you already have a voip switchboard in your office (Asterisk, 3Cx, Trixbox, and other...), which connects to both internal hardware and software compatible sip devices, and is interconnected with an external voip line for connection to the public telephone network, the ONLY thing that can not working is the software client you are trying to connect
At this moment, software client of Voip Sip System is not able to call and transfer audio of a classic telephone call
If you succeed, please let us know because it matters a lot to us too

Philip Prins

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone succesfully used this library ?
I get a lot of errors

Tried different SIP servers local and in the cloud

Is there an alternative library?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
If a software producer does not make itself available for the supply and assistance of software procedures sold, do you think it is legitimate to exchange information / code between end users?
For example: Microsoft does not sell and no longer provide support for Windows NT, do you think it is permissible to use the system even without the explicit consent of the manufacturer?
(who by his will decided to stop the sale / assistance)

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the developer has went the way of the Dodo 🦤! Either way, I would NOT do business with anyone who simply disappears for months. Not good business.