Share My Creation Yet another slot machine

Created this in B4J. Now I am stuck. What do you think, good, boring, too easy? Please feel free to comment (even if you think its crap!!).

Next stage is maybe music and a nudge function.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to say.
Requires Libraries: jCore, jFx, JMsgboxes

Attachments

• slot-machine.zip
    115.5 KB · Views: 473
  • slot-machine-screenshot.jpg
    slot-machine-screenshot.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,757
Last edited:

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Mark,

After getting and installing the MsgBox lib and the jfxtras-labs-2.2-r5.jar, (not stated as required)

I end up with this..

Program started.
main._process_globals (java line: 284)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/scene/control/Dialog
at b4j.example.main._process_globals(main.java:284)
at b4j.example.main.initializeProcessGlobals(main.java:275)
at b4j.example.main.start(main.java:33)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$153(LauncherImpl.java:821)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl$$Lambda$51/1552833921.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$166(PlatformImpl.java:323)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$44/1349277854.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$164(PlatformImpl.java:292)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$47/44374379.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$165(PlatformImpl.java:291)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl$$Lambda$45/1147985808.run(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$141(WinApplication.java:102)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication$$Lambda$37/728890494.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.scene.control.Dialog
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:372)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 17 more

Try running on a clean machine to see what your dependencies are prior to publishing (then state what is required before installing - as many others do).
My B4J version - 4.00

Thanks

Mark Read

Licensed User
Longtime User
Try running on a clean machine to see what your dependencies are prior to publishing (then state what is required before installing - as many others do).
My B4J version - 4.00

Sorry but I don't have a "clean" machine. I was not aware that the jar was required. It does not show up anywhere. Just for info, I am using Java 8.0_65, as I also develop for the RPi and my B4J is version 3.71.

You should update to the latest version (4.20).

I know you didn't mean me but I will as well.

Mark Read

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this to do with my use of DialogResponses?

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
All updated to latest java.

Looks good! A bit jumpy when setting the reels.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't remember what's installed in my machine, but the app worked fine.. I am using Windows 10 though :)
My suggestion is to try in next version to animate the images, (scrolling smoothly) if possible, and slow the speed..
This will give the impression of real slot machine.. also while making it random but enforce some results from time
to tile to give players kind of confidence and the will to continue.. you know all slot machines are not real random and
smartly programmed to lure players to lose more money.. (lose, win, lose, win, win, win, win, lose, win, then lose, lose, lose, lose forever)

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please explain.

Sorry, the reels (2nd and 3rd) do not "smoothly" come to a stop. They seem to stagger (jitter) or jump to a halt.
That is what I see on my pc... Hard to explain what one sees...

I also see this on the actual machines... (when I invest a buck or two).